openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wisneski" <wisnes...@gmail.com>
Subject openjpa eager subclass fetching
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 22:46:26 GMT
Has anyone tried in the SubClassFetchMode for JPA single table inheritance.

I have an entity Part with subclasses PartBase and PartComposite.  When I do
the
EJQL query
  select p from Part
openjpa is retrieving all the Part attributes with a single sql select then
doing many many
singleton sql selects by primary key to retrieve the PartBase or
PartComposite attributes
for each part instance.

I've tried  changing SubclassFetchMode but no effect whether I specified
NONE, JOIN or PARALLEL.

Since the subclass data is in the same table as the base table being
queries,  shouldn't this
data be retrieved with a single select automatically ?