openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wisneski" <wisnes...@gmail.com>
Subject EJB QL grammar
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:24:40 GMT
I noticed in doing some testing with OpenJPA that the  OpenJPA jjt grammar
file is not quite in sync with JPA spec.  For instance

  " select NEW .... "  should only be valid in top level query, not
subquery.

  " ...  having max( e.salary ) ..."  gives syntax error.  Expressions in
having  clause should allow aggregate functions.

  " select e from Employee e  where exists ( select p from  in(e.projects)
 p ) "  is valid EJB QL but gives syntax error.

I have also gotten bad sql generated if a subquery contains another
subquery.

Is anyone else aware of these or should I open up bugs.