openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: version numbers
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 02:01:05 GMT
On Aug 29, 2006, at 6:01 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

> Does anyone have any thoughts about the questions posed below? In
> particular, I haven't heard a peep about issues > 1.
>
> Marc Prud'hommeaux proposed an interesting alternate to solution 2b
> -- we
> could prefix all the current @since tags with '0.', so that the old
> Kodo
> version information is still accessible (i.e., we'd have @since
> 0.3.3 for
> things that were introduced in Kodo 3.3).
>
> Thoughts?

Actually, I noticed this say two weeks back and was going to post
about it (wasn't subscribed when this was mentioned).

I like the '0.' solution.  The @since tags are cool.  Whether or not
it's Kodo specific, it's still valuable information on how the code
evolved -- a little window into OpenJPA before it's life at Apache.
It'd be a shame to remove it.

I admire the discipline it took to put all those tags in there in the
first place.  I hope that's a tradition that continues.

-David