openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: Data + Query cache
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2006 05:46:00 GMT

>> I think the first time users are going to write simple
>> applications while
>> evaluating . Will caching affect these kind of applications
>> which have a
>> small amount of data to play around with?
>
> Typically, no.

I disagree. Caching will improve any app that looks up the same data
with different EntityManagers, or even the same EntityManager over
multiple transactions.  Caching won't improve the performance of
trivial unit tests, but pretty much any semi-realistic application,
regardless of data size, will be affected.
by email and then delete it.