openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: deps and javadoc
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:24:53 GMT
> is there a need to have a 3rd party regex lib these days? I am a fan
> of projects not needing too much 3rd party jars.

Hmm. I don't think that we need the regex stuff in the core product; we
implemented the subset of regexs that we use at runtime on our own.

I think that we rely on the 3rd party package in some of our tests, but
they're not out in OpenJPA yet anyways.

> Also i noticed many invalid javadoc usages like @author tag
> in method
> doc sections. IMO this is invalid and causes IDEA to turn red which
> in fact is ugly because one first sight this looks like a real java
> error.

I usually just add the offending tags to the IDEA list of custom tags. I
agree that it's annoying, but it's a shame to destroy information just for
the sake of an IDE.

-Patrick
by email and then delete it.