openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Update version to SNAPSHOT
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 03:57:00 GMT
> It might be good to run through the common dev scenarios in
> detail to
> see which model would work best for this project, since there are so
> many sub-projects.

Good point. I think that we should move to a model where we have a project
that assembles a single unified jar (including merging contents of META-INF
files). This seems much more conducive to most normal uses of OpenJPA; I
think that the sub-projects should be there for advanced users and as an
internal artifact of how the product is designed and built.

Does anyone know of existing mvn technology to merge resource files? To
easily assemble jars together?

-Patrick
by email and then delete it.