openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Extending the OpenJPA implementation
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 02:50:38 GMT

> constructor.
> subclass of
> >
> > I've come up with the beginnings of an idea of how to fix this.  The
> > idea ties in nicely with something else I've been wanting
> to do for a
> > while, which is get rid of ConfigurationProviders as a service, and
> > do everything through ProductDerivations.
> >
> > If no one has any objections, I can play around with this later in
> > the week.
>

> This sounds good since I was wondering how these two services
> fit together.
> Can you shed some more light on how you plan to resolve this?

I'm not sure what Abe's thinking about, but it's probably worth knowing
that ProductDerivations are pretty new to the codebase, whereas
ConfigurationProviders are a bit older. Basically, they represent a
relatively similar concept, but have different lifecycles (and
ProductDerivation has a more fine-grained lifecycle). ProductDerivations
allow more dimensions of configurability.

-Patrick
by email and then delete it.