openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject version numbers
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2006 16:58:41 GMT
Hi,

Some questions about version numbers:

1. Is it true that we should keep the OpenJPA version number below 1.0
until we get out of incubation?

2. The @since tags in the OpenJPA javadocs are currently all relative to
Kodo version numbers (i.e., the most recent ones say @since 4.1, etc.).
How do we want to rectify this? Options:

a) Move OpenJPA's version number up to 4.1 as soon as it comes out of
incubation.

b) The Reverse Emacs. Toss a 1 onto the beginning, so that 4.1 becomes
1.4.1.

c) Ignore the problem. There's nothing to see here.

d) Remove all the @since tags, and start afresh.

3. Should we be striving to keep the version numbers of the various
sub-modules in sync, or should each get a separate version number moving
forward?

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey