openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <>
Subject Re: Build data in built artifacts
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:25:17 GMT

FYI, I had played with this a little while ago ... I got the
subversion revision number using the maven-antrun-plugin and
xmlproperty task to parse the .svn/entries file, but I couldn't
figure out how to pass the value of the property from the ant plugin
to the global Maven properties so that it could be later embedded
using the maven-jar-plugin. If you have any ideas on how to do this
(maybe even by writing out a file from ant and reading it back in
with Maven), that'd be great.

This xmlproperty code that I wrote is actually still in the top-level
pom.xml, it's just commented out.

On Aug 14, 2006, at 2:14 PM, Bryan Noll wrote:

> Patrick...
> Looks like the OpenJPA version number is already getting tossed in
> there as:
> Implementation-Version: 0.9.0
> We can stuff a subversion revision number in there by using 'maven-
> jar-plugin'... I just have to play with it a bit in order to get a
> latest and greatest rev number.
> Bryan Noll wrote:
>> Lemme take a crack at it...
>> Patrick Linskey wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I think it'd be nice if each of the modules could encode svn
>>> revision
>>> number and OpenJPA version number information into the built jars,
>>> presumably in a manifest entry. Does anyone have any knowledge
>>> about how
>>> to coerce this type of info into jars in a mvn environment?
>>> -Patrick

View raw message