openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Process for Patch verification
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:41:34 GMT
Hi Kevin,

I like the idea of raising awareness of available patches but I don't
think we want to hold someone up that is doing a bunch of work with
having to verify all patches that have been submitted and how the
patches might effect the new work.

One way (I think) to address the concern is to have more than one of
us apply the patch, run the tests and verify that all tests pass.
Assuming all tests pass then the patch should be OK and we put a
comment into the JIRA to that effect. Only problem I can see is that
some of the internal BEA tests would fail but these tests are on
their way into the OpenJPA code base correct?

BTW - BAU == ?

TTFN,

-bd-