openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: openjpa eager subclass fetching
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:25:46 GMT
> Since the subclass data is in the same table as the base table being
> queries,  shouldn't this
> data be retrieved with a single select automatically ?

Yes, it should be fetched by default.  Unless of course all your
subclass fields set their fetch mode to LAZY or are to-many relations
that would be LAZY by default.

Have you updated your OpenJPA view recently?  I remember fixing some
bugs surrounding subclass fetching a while ago (maybe 10 days
ago?).   They had slipped in during the recent implementation of
fetch depths.
by email and then delete it.