openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating sandbox branches
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:08:30 GMT
Hi Kevin,

The way I've seen other projects handle this is by using branches as
the place to do whole sale refactoring/changes and 'sandbox' is a
place for additional code that might or might not ever make it to the
trunk. If the refactoring/change that was started in a branch does
not work out then its easy enough to delete it.

Another thing to consider is using SVK (http://svk.elixus.org/) to
manage getting changes made to trunk into the branch and the changes
from the trunk eventually into the trunk. I've not done it personally
but I've heard others say it worked well for them. I will try to
scare up some additional info on it for you if you are interested.

TTFN,

-bd-