openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Update version to SNAPSHOT
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:06:57 GMT

On Aug 15, 2006, at 6:37 AM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

>>> Note that that will not merge anything you need in the META-INF
>>> directory. It does do it for plexus components.xml files though, so
>>> maybe it's a good time to make that pluggable.
>>>

>> It'll definitely add the files from all the META-INF
>> directories into
>> the resulting jar.  I guess you are talking specifically about some
>> pluggable strategy to merge two files of the same name such as two
>> META-INF/persistence.xml files or two META-INF/ejb-jar.xml files?
>
> Actually, I was thinking about META-INF/MANIFEST.MF and
> META-INF/services/*. But yes, merging of resources.

Everything in META-INF/services/* will be copied into the new jar and
you can redefine MANIFEST entries for the new jar using the same
syntax as for the maven-jar-plugin.  But it won't intelligently
concatenate the contents of individual matching files from the source
jars as I assume Brett was referring to with the plexus components.xml.

-David