openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Noll <bwn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update version to SNAPSHOT
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:20:38 GMT
So... I saw that David created the following two JIRA's, so I wanted to
follow up on the thread.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-29
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-30

Regarding OPENJPA-29:

openjpa-0.9.0-full.jar   // contains all openjpa code, openjpa-*.jars
merged
openjpa-0.9.0-nodep.jar  // contains all openjpa code and all third
party dependency jars

Do you have your descriptions backwards or am I misunderstanding what
you're saying?  Seems like 'nodep' would mean "no dependencies for this
project are bundled into this jar" to me.

IIUC (which I'm not sure that I do, so please correct me) then...

openjpa-0.9.0-nodep.jar would extract to:
- org/apache/openjpa/*/**.class
- META-INF/*  ............ (we still need to resolve the 'merge multiple
files of the same name and locations (eg.. ProductDerivations) problem
for this)

openjpa-0.9.0-full.jar would extract to:
- org/apache/openjpa/*/**.class
- thirdPartyJars.jar (many of these)
- META-INF/* .......... (same issue as above)

Like I said, not sure this is actually correct.  Would the openjpa-*.jar
files be there instead of the unpacked classes?  Can someone with a bit
more classloading acuity speak to that?  Should the names actually be
openjpa-nodep-0.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and openjpa-full-0.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?

-----

Regarding OPENJPA-30:

- I saw that Marc got the newly named SNAPSHOT jars up to a repo....
good stuff.
- The next step would have one jar somewhere like
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/openjpa/openjpa/0.9.0-SNAPSHOT/

for people to depend on, instead of many, correct?
- David... if you catch this... I would be glad to help (translation...
observe and learn) you get the thing publishing nightly from the apache
continuum server you spoke of.

Thanks...

Bryan