openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Noll <bwn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build data in built artifacts
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:11:39 GMT
I dorked with it some more, and got it to the point where it wrote out a
properties file with the subversion revision info in it (a la David's
example)... but then ran into a wall in terms of getting the scope of
that property to hang around long enough to stuff it into.  I hopped on
the #maven irc at codehaus... and asked around... and it seems like it
is simply not possible as of now.

The only option I got was to manually create a MANIFEST.MF file that is
under subversion control, then filter it so the correct value gets put
in that way, but it seems cumbersome to me to have to manually maintain
all those files.

The next best thing would be to simply stuff a an
openjpa-version.properties file in the jar that contains a line like:

svn-revision=433722

Seems like a hack because its not actually going in the manifest where
it would be ideal... but I guess the information is still there.

I'm not sure I like either of those options...