openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Update version to SNAPSHOT
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:46:38 GMT

On Aug 15, 2006, at 11:40 AM, Craig L Russell wrote:

>>> Actually, I was thinking about META-INF/MANIFEST.MF and
>>> META-INF/services/*. But yes, merging of resources.
>>
>> Everything in META-INF/services/* will be copied into the new jar
>> and you can redefine MANIFEST entries for the new jar using the
>> same syntax as for the maven-jar-plugin.  But it won't
>> intelligently concatenate the contents of individual matching
>> files from the source jars as I assume Brett was referring to with
>> the plexus components.xml.
>
> So would it be easier to write a merge-manifest method or to
> restrict manifest services with the same name to one of the build
> modules?

Sorry, I think I'm making things clear as mud :)   I get the feeling
we don't even have the issue Brett was mentioning.  Aside from the
MANIFEST.MF file itself, are there any jars of our own that contain
the same file in the same place in the jar and those contents are
different and need to be merged together?

It's pretty easy to make a new MANIFEST.MF that better describes the
new "uber" jar.

-David