openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <>
Subject Re: Update version to SNAPSHOT
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:23:29 GMT
On Aug 14, 2006, at 2:47 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

> I spoke to Geir about this a bunch last week; he suggested we use a
> number-dev nomenclature, so that it'd be clear that the current
> build is
> a dev build rather than a well-known numbered release. So, this would
> mean we'd have 0.9.0-dev, meaning that there are differences since the
> 0.9.0 release itself.

Ok, well I don't want to cause problems if it's a done deal.  Just a
couple FYIs, maven will still treat that as a final version -- once
downloaded, it won't check for newer versions.  Also, maven will
consider 0.9.0 to be greater than 0.9.0-dev.

> Also, does anyone know what's involved in making snapshots happen on a
> regular basis (say, nightly iff an svn change happened that day)?

With a couple patches to your root pom I can hook you up to Apache's
Continuum install on (very slow but works).
Publishing jars from there is still a bit tricky, but we might be
able to figure something out.

> -Patrick
> --
> Patrick Linskey