openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Prud'hommeaux <mprud...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Update version to SNAPSHOT
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:46:24 GMT
David-

> I added it in (that's the easy part).  See http://
> vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/servlet/continuum
>
> That machine is terribly slow....

I notice that there is both a "OpenJPA" and a "OpenJPA Project" build
configured in continuum, and "OpenJPA" doesn't seem to actually be
building anything. Was this intended?

> The tricky part with any CI system is the whole question of "Gee,
> what credentials do we use to deploy snapshots?"

If the snapshot deploy directory /x1/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-
snapshot-repository/org/apache/openjpa/ is available from the
continuum server, I might be able to override the snapshotRepository
to deploy straight to that directly, in which case we'd have
automatic deployment of the snapshot (would would be very handy).
Does that sound plausible to you?

> On Aug 23, 2006, at 4:20 PM, Bryan Noll wrote:
>
>> So... I saw that David created the following two JIRA's, so I
>> wanted to follow up on the thread.
>>
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-29
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-30
>>

>> Regarding OPENJPA-29:
>>
>> openjpa-0.9.0-full.jar   // contains all openjpa code, openjpa-
>> *.jars merged
>> openjpa-0.9.0-nodep.jar  // contains all openjpa code and all
>> third party dependency jars
>>
>> Do you have your descriptions backwards or am I misunderstanding
>> what you're saying?
>
> I very well could have them backwards.  As I said, "There's a
> naming convention for this kind of thing, hope I've got it right."
>
>> Seems like 'nodep' would mean "no dependencies for this project
>> are bundled into this jar" to me.
>> IIUC (which I'm not sure that I do, so please correct me) then...
>>
>> openjpa-0.9.0-nodep.jar would extract to:
>> - org/apache/openjpa/*/**.class
>> - META-INF/*  ............ (we still need to resolve the 'merge
>> multiple files of the same name and locations (eg..
>> ProductDerivations) problem for this)
>>
>> openjpa-0.9.0-full.jar would extract to:
>> - org/apache/openjpa/*/**.class
>> - thirdPartyJars.jar (many of these)
>> - META-INF/* .......... (same issue as above)
>
> The classes from the third party jars would also have been
> extracted into the jar.
>
>> Would the openjpa-*.jar files be there instead of the unpacked
>> classes?
>
> Classes.
>
>> Should the names actually be openjpa-nodep-0.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar and
>> openjpa-full-0.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?
>
> That'd be possible.  You'd have to have one maven module for each
> jar and poke at the assembly plugin setup to not use the default
> name of <artifactId>-<version>-<assemblyName>.<archiveType>.
 The