openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: doxia-sink-api POM problem
Date Sat, 26 Aug 2006 05:52:53 GMT
We should probably make some note of this phenomenon for new users. I
had the same experience and it is a bit frustrating when the build
fails due to a missing dependency and simply re-running the build
results in a bunch of new downloaded files. No apologies or anything
from mvn either.

Where would be a good place to make a note that you might have to try
the build multiple times to get all the dependencies?

Craig

On Aug 25, 2006, at 1:12 PM, Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> Marc-
>
> On Aug 25, 2006, at 12:22 PM, Marc Logemann wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> thanks for hints. After 3x times executing "mvn install", i
>> finally got all the deps. Weird that there are interruptions,...
>> maven2 mystery.
>
> ibiblio is a somewhat delicate server, and Maven doesn't
> automatically re-try. In the past, with a fresh repository, I've
> needed to re-run it over a dozen times in order to successfully
> download all the dependencies. It's can be confusing and frustrating.

Craig Russell
clr@apache.org http://db.apache.org/jdo