openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Prud'hommeaux" <mprud...@bea.com>
Subject Re: Two questions on the recent code drop (for now...)
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:18:45 GMT

>> Ah, gotcha. I think we're just grabbing the jars from ibiblio
>> currently.

Well, we're actually getting them from a second, unofficial
repository right now. The problem is that many of the official Sun
jars (JTA, JPA, JMS, and JCA, to use a lot of J-TLAs) seems to have
an ambiguous enough license that ibiblio doesn't host the actual
files (e.g., note that there is no jar file at http://www.ibiblio.org/
maven2/javax/transaction/jta/1.0.1B/ ). So when a dependency is
declared for those APIs, Maven will usually give a fairly cryptic
error about not being able to find them. The use would need to
manually download the files from java.sun.com and install them into
their local maven repository with a complicated maven command. It's
all very cumbersome.

So right now, we're just declaring an additional repository that I
just stumbled upon somewhere that hosts those files.

> These must be the Geronimo versions then. I think Glassfish will
> have the latest versions. As you know, javax.transaction was just
> updated for Java EE 5.

I hadn't noticed the Geronimo versions! They seem to contain
everything we need. Once I get SVN write access, I'll fix the
dependencies to use the Geronimo versions, and we can get rid of the
additional repository.

--
Marc Prud'hommeaux
BEA Systems, Inc.