openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject State of OpenJPA code drop
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 14:30:19 GMT
Hi Patrick,
Now that the code drops seem to be slowing down a bit, I'm wondering whether
you can give me an update on the "completeness" of the OpenJPA code
repository.  I'm attempting to verify some of the expected functionality and
I'm failing a few test scenarios.  I'm just wondering whether the majority
of the code has now been dropped, and whether we can start to post questions
and/or bug reports.  But, if there's more to come, then I'd like to
understand the state of the repository.

For example, is the OpenJPA JPQL query engine complete?  I'm hitting some
failures with query statement parsing, type conversions, database pushdowns,
etc.  Before posting more detailed information about these failures, I'm
wondering whether it's complete yet or not.

Related to this is the execution of the CTS OpenJPA TCK.  It looks like some
basic problems with getting the dynamic runtime class enhancer to work
properly.  Here again, not sure if this is a configuration problem, or
insufficient code drop, or real problems.  Do you have any personal
experience with executing the TCK that you could share?

Thanks for your help!

Kevin