openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: State of OpenJPA code drop
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 20:14:13 GMT
Things should be at a steady state. We've got oodles of tests that we'll
want to get out into Apache at some point. But the team at BEA is
currently focused more on making our tests pass again and finishing
reassembling Kodo on top of OpenJPA than on pulling out test
infrastructure.

Feature-wise, I'm sure we'll see some more code come out with
interesting features, but what you see now is substantially all of
what's currently in plan.

Regarding CTS: we haven't yet set up anything that tests just OpenJPA
against the JPA TCK. Also, I'm really not sure how much I'm allowed to
say about TCK status based on runs using BEA's tests. I do think that I
can say this: the BEA Kodo automated testing system includes the JPA
TCK, Kodo 4.0 passed the JPA TCK, and we're working as we speak on
getting Kodo 4.1 (based on OpenJPA) to get to the same success level in
the Kodo automated testing system as Kodo 4.0 was at.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
BEA Systems, Inc.