openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: RuntimeEnhancement
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 20:07:40 GMT
> I did some experimentation with runtime enhancement (the doc
> Marc posted was helpful here).  All the code required is
> checked in to SVN, but you I did have to add Premain-Class:
> org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PCEnhancerAgent to the manifest
> for openjpa-kernel-5-0.9.0.jar.

Hmm. Does anyone have any idea how to convince mvn to do this as part of
the build process?

> Is this right way to resolve the problem? The documentation
> refers to org.apache.openjpa.jar which presumably would
> contain the manifest.

A bunch of the docs were converted via sed scripts; some things (such as
org.apache.openjpa.jar) are a sad victim of the conversion process. That
used to be kodo.jar.

In the long run, we need to work out our deployment story. We might want
to move towards a build system that assembles a monolithic jar out of
all the modules.

> Admittedly this is a minor issue and I have a workaround, but
> if I can I'd like to help get the change back into svn.

Probably the most useful things would be to fix the docs to point to the
right jar, and to divine how to make mvn spit out the right manifest
info. Theoretically, this might be as easy as some directive or putting
a MANIFEST.MF file somewhere to get merged during the build process. But
I'm a mvn newbie, so have no real clue sadly.

-Patrick
by email and then delete it.