openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Two questions on the recent code drop (for now...)
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 18:31:45 GMT
> > These must be the Geronimo versions then. I think Glassfish
> will have
> > the latest versions. As you know, javax.transaction was
> just updated
> > for Java EE 5.
>
> I hadn't noticed the Geronimo versions! They seem to contain
> everything we need. Once I get SVN write access, I'll fix the
> dependencies to use the Geronimo versions, and we can get rid
> of the additional repository.

I think that the Glassfish license is sufficiently clear now, and I
believe that all the Java EE stuff is being maintained in a maven repo
somewhere by the Glassfish folks. Personally, I'd prefer to go this
route than to use the Geronimo versions, especially for the JPA jars,
which have non-trivial behavior in them.

-Patrick
by email and then delete it.