openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Two questions on the recent code drop (for now...)
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:56:49 GMT
> On 7/11/06, Patrick Linskey <plinskey@bea.com> wrote:
> >
> > > 1)  Have we decided how to resolve the Java EE 5 dependency?
> > > I didn't see where we had set up a maven dependency for these
> > > interfaces.  For now, I can just use my own copy, but we should
> > > decide the formal solution.
> >
> > I don't follow -- what's the problem? To my knowledge, we
> don't have
> > any Java EE 5 dependencies, except for the openjpa-persistence
> > module's dependency on the JPA interfaces. We depend on
> > javax.transaction, javax.resource, and javax.jms.
>

> Sorry, I was being too generic.  I meant the
> javax.persistence, javax.transaction, etc dependencies.  Not
> all of Java EE 5, just the packages required by JPA.  I just
> reviewed the discussion about how and where to house these
> interfaces for OpenJPA usage, but I didn't see any
> conclusions.  There was talk about using the Glassfish or the
> Geronimo versions, but was a decision made?

Ah, gotcha. I think we're just grabbing the jars from ibiblio currently.
Personally, I'm +1 on using the "official" jars across the board.

> > 2)  Even with the Java EE 5 dependency resolved, I am still
> > > experiencing about 100+ errors in the openjpa-kernel project.
> > >  Many errors with "JJxxxx cannot be resolved".  Does this
> build for
> > > everybody else?
> >
> > Hmm. That's odd. Works for me. I remember that Marc told me
> to be sure
> > to have Maven 2.0.4 installed at one point; what do you get
> from 'mvn
> > -v'?
>

> Yep, I am using 2.0.4 (Maven version: 2.0.4).  I do notice
> that I have an empty openjpa-kernel/src/main/jjtree
> directory.  Should there be code in this directory?  All of
> my errors are coming out in the org.apach.openjpa.kernel.jpql
> package -- JPQLExpressionBuilder (almost all of them are in
> here), ParseException, and SimpleNode.

Hmm. Mine's certainly not empty. I've got an
org/apache/openjpa/kernel/jpql/JPQL.jjt in there. Maybe try updating
your working copy?

-Patrick
by email and then delete it.