openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <>
Subject What we have so far
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:00:21 GMT
Hi all,

I've been trying to run some basic tests with the recent code drop.  I've
been able to get an EntityMangerFactory and EntityManager, but I'm getting
stuck when I connect to a database.  I had to add some properties to
persistence.xml to create the emf and em. Here's the relevant code :
            <property name="openjpa.BrokerFactory"  <!-- I tried
org.apache.openjpa.BrokerFactory but it didn't work for me -->
org.apache.openjpa.abstractstore.AbstractStoreBrokerFactory" />

                value="org.apache.openjpa.xmlstore.XMLStoreManager" />

I was also able to get the PCEnhancer to run against some entity classes.
The only obstacle there was getting the classpath set up appropriately.

When I try to find or persist an entity I get an exception like this :

<0|false|0.0.1> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: null
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.find(
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.find(
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingBroker.find(
    at org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityManagerImpl.find(
    . . .
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(
    at org.apache.openjpa.xmlstore.XMLFileHandler.getFile(
    at org.apache.openjpa.xmlstore.XMLFileHandler.load(
    at org.apache.openjpa.xmlstore.XMLStore.getMap(
    at org.apache.openjpa.xmlstore.XMLStore.getData(
    at org.apache.openjpa.xmlstore.XMLStoreManager.initialize(
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingStoreManager.initialize(
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ROPStoreManager.initialize(
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.initialize(
    at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.BrokerImpl.find(
    ... 22 more

Is this expected with the code that is currently in SVN, or do I just need
some more configuration properties?

-Michael Dick