openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Two questions on the recent code drop (for now...)
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:35:36 GMT
On 7/11/06, Patrick Linskey <plinskey@bea.com> wrote:

> > 1)  Have we decided how to resolve the Java EE 5 dependency?
> > I didn't see where we had set up a maven dependency for these
> > interfaces.  For now, I can just use my own copy, but we
> > should decide the formal solution.
>
> I don't follow -- what's the problem? To my knowledge, we don't have any
> Java EE 5 dependencies, except for the openjpa-persistence module's
> dependency on the JPA interfaces. We depend on javax.transaction,
> javax.resource, and javax.jms.
>
> > 2)  Even with the Java EE 5 dependency resolved, I am still
> > experiencing about 100+ errors in the openjpa-kernel project.
> >  Many errors with "JJxxxx cannot be resolved".  Does this
> > build for everybody else?
>
> Hmm. That's odd. Works for me. I remember that Marc told me to be sure
> to have Maven 2.0.4 installed at one point; what do you get from 'mvn
> -v'?

The build worked fine from the command line for me, I ran into errors
building in Eclipse though.

In order to get it to work in Eclipse you can get a JavaCC plugin (I found
one at http://eclipse-javacc.sourceforge.net/, but there might be others).
Using the plugin gets rid of most of the errors, leaving 2 build errors due
to duplicate classes ( ). I haven't used the plugin before, so I'd guess I
can fix the errors by tweaking the configuration. I'm not too worried about
it since the Maven build works fine.

Alternatively you could just run a maven build and add the generated classes
to your Eclipse project (ugh). It's not ideal but at least it gets rid of
the errors in Eclipse.

Hope this helps,

-Patrick
> by email and then delete it.

-Michael Dick
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
    It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
    The hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning,
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.