openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Abe White <awh...@bea.com>
Subject Re: testcase failures?
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:17:47 GMT
> For example, this morning, I took a look at the TestXMLWriter
> test.  When I
> run this individually within Eclipse, it shows an NPE when
> attempting to
> create a new InputStreamReader.  From looking at the test, it looks
> like it
> is expecting the existence of some xml files for formatting and
> comparison
> -- raw-source.xml and formatted-result.xml.  I can't find these
> files in the
> code drop and from the testcase, I can't quite figure out what the
> expected
> format should be.

Looks like stuff we forgot to include in the drop.

On a general note, I'd like to point out that there are certainly
many aspects of the dropped code that are in flux.  You've already
seen that we haven't gone over the test failures yet.  We also
included some in-flight features in the kernel code drop, so there is
code that hasn't been reviewed or tested thoroughly yet, and projects
like the concurrency stuff I mentioned a while ago that are only
partially-implemented.  Finally, there are a few recent bits of
ugliness that we just haven't had time to clean up yet (as opposed to
the long-standing bits of ugliness that we've abandoned all hope of
fixing :).

Once we get the JDBC back-end contributed, hopefully we'll be able to
start fixing these things pretty quickly (assuming more of us have
gotten processed and have write access by then).

by email and then delete it.