openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: staging of site changes
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2006 16:53:14 GMT
Hi Marc,

Also for the record, if there are materials that are release-
specific, to me it makes sense to put them into the appropriate trunk
or release/x.x directories in svn.

For me, that argues against putting release-specific material into
"The Site". Since you want the site to refer to docs, the site would
then need release-specific stuff that refers to the real artifacts
that are in the release directories. And having stuff in the trunk
that refers to previous releases seems odd.

I also have conceptual issues with Maven generating the site that is
"The Site" for the project. Rather, I think that if you use Maven to
generate the site for the trunk or for a release, then "The Site" can
have a link to the release-specific maven-generated site that can be
browsed for the specific release. After all, if you like the reports
etc. that maven produces, you want these to be preserved for each
release.

Craig

>>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
>>> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!