openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <ekon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving the Maven story for GlassFish
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:41:23 GMT
  jTo throw my $0.02 in here, my preference would be to see the
creation of a "Java specs" project under Jakarta or some other
appropriate ASF place.  That way we can cleanroom our own
implementations of these classes where appropriate and not rely on
licensing terms from 3rd parties.  Then, these can be shraed with
other Apache projects and everyone else for that matter.

  I realize that none of that infrastructure exists today, but we
continue to discuss it.  Perhaps we could start with the Geronimo JAR,
patch it where necessary (they are a fellow ASF project, after all),
and hope for the best in getting a specs project started sometime in
the next few months.

Eddie