openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Improving the Maven story for GlassFish
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 02:41:19 GMT
I'd strongly suggest that more than just I subscribe to the glassfish
dev alias[1]. There is some discussion on how to package such things
as the spec jars, and as an outside open source project considering
using the spec jars from the Glassfish project, more voices need to
be heard.

I'll forward some context to this alias.

Craig

[1] dev-subscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net
On Jun 18, 2006, at 5:36 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

>>> I meant that there isn't much IP in the spec jars, so it's
>> basically
>>> wasted time if the spec jars are available under a
>> compatible license.
>>
>> Agreed, but what if Geronimo already has them?
>
> Because although there isn't much IP in the spec jars, there is
> behavior. There are a handful of classes. IOW, they're not just
> interfaces. I'd rather we keep consistent behavior, rather than
> rely on
> the completeness of the TCK. Without a compelling reason to use
> something other than the Glassfish ones, I can't imagine why we'd
> choose
> to do anything else.
>
> -Patrick
> _