openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Improving the Maven story for GlassFish
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 00:36:19 GMT
> > I meant that there isn't much IP in the spec jars, so it's
> basically
> > wasted time if the spec jars are available under a
> compatible license.
>
> Agreed, but what if Geronimo already has them?

Because although there isn't much IP in the spec jars, there is
behavior. There are a handful of classes. IOW, they're not just
interfaces. I'd rather we keep consistent behavior, rather than rely on
the completeness of the TCK. Without a compelling reason to use
something other than the Glassfish ones, I can't imagine why we'd choose
to do anything else.

-Patrick
by email and then delete it.