openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Patrick Linskey" <plins...@bea.com>
Subject RE: java.util.concurrent
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 16:30:27 GMT
> > _
> > Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may
> > contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its
> subsidiaries  and
> > affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,
> > copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended
> solely for the
> > use of the individual or entity named in this message. If
> you are not
> > the intended recipient, and have received this message in error,
> > please immediately return this by email and then delete it.
>

> Can you fix your mailer to get rid of this?

Sadly, not really. BEA slaps that text on the end of all outgoing
messages, and the way that I'm using email these days, sending OpenJPA
mail to my personal account would mean that I'd not see the mail in the
rest of my workflow.

I'm trying to find out why BEA deems it so important to a) add that
notice, and thereby b) circumvent digital signatures. But my guess is
that the decision comes from some corner of bureacracy that is probably
immune to reason.

-Patrick
by email and then delete it.