openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Improving the Maven story for GlassFish
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2006 02:44:55 GMT
Craig,

IANAL and like Patrick I don't understand all the subtleties of the legal issues.  Pragmatically

speaking though, I agree that it would be beneficial to everyone if we all operated off of
a common
set of specs.  As Patrick pointed out there is always a potential issue when trying to replicate
logic.

At the end of the day its about being flexible and open.  I think the option to be flexible
in the
license on Sun's part would be ideal :)

So far it doesn't sound like we have a conclusion to this thread.

For my part, I'd like to use Glassfish so as not to create extra work and duplicated effort.

However, if that comes at the price of restrictions on the ASF then I prefer we use the ones
in
Geronimo and trust that the TCKs will flush out the issues if there are any.

Matt