openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <g...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Improving the Maven story for GlassFish
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 03:33:32 GMT

Craig L Russell wrote:

> Indeed. And I believe that the released Persistence class is different
> from the Geronimo implementation (and nothing against the Geronimo folks
> but I'd rather use the glassfish implementation and fix bugs in the
> glassfish project than the Geronimo project).

1) Why?

2) My problem with Glassfish is that you must sign over copyright to
Sun, so they can then relicense your contribution in any way they see
fit without giving symmetrical rights back to you.  Seems like it isn't
a level playing field to me.  I'd rather not participate in that sort of
community development model.

So maybe the solution is just to ask for dispensation from the ASF to
fork the thing and keep a copy here?

:)

geir