openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.util.concurrent
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2006 03:06:01 GMT
Patrick Linskey wrote:

>>> _
>>> Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may
>>> contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its
>>>
>> subsidiaries  and
>>
>>> affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,
>>> copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended
>>>
>> solely for the
>>
>>> use of the individual or entity named in this message. If
>>>
>> you are not
>>
>>> the intended recipient, and have received this message in error,
>>> please immediately return this by email and then delete it.
>>>
>> Can you fix your mailer to get rid of this?
>>

> Sadly, not really. BEA slaps that text on the end of all outgoing
> messages, and the way that I'm using email these days, sending OpenJPA
> mail to my personal account would mean that I'd not see the mail in the
> rest of my workflow.

Maybe you could get an email client (e.g. thunderbird) to use
rules/message filters to forward mail to your BEA address if necessary
and always respond to mails using your personal account?  AFAIK, there
are no ASF rules against using company email addresses, but using a
personal account also makes it clear that its content is from an
individual's point-of-view.  See
http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#hats .

John