openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <>
Subject Re: java.util.concurrent
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 15:57:59 GMT

Working for IBM I'm a bit wary of the disclaimer at the bottom of the e-mail.  In order to
encroaching IBM's standards on the community (we use Notes and its pretty ugly) I just use
private e-mail account.  Is that an option for the BEA folks ?  Since this activity is not
Corporate sponsored or controlled a personal account makes a lot of sense.

Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>>> subsidiaries  and
>>> solely for the
>>> you are not
>>> Can you fix your mailer to get rid of this?
>> Sadly, not really. BEA slaps that text on the end of all outgoing
>> messages, and the way that I'm using email these days, sending OpenJPA
>> mail to my personal account would mean that I'd not see the mail in the
>> rest of my workflow.
>> I'm trying to find out why BEA deems it so important to a) add that
>> notice, and thereby b) circumvent digital signatures. But my guess is
>> that the decision comes from some corner of bureacracy that is probably
>> immune to reason.
> In order to avoid foisting crap like this (and other things that Outlook
> does to email) on the ocmmunity,  I do all my personal and open source
> mail using Thunderbird rather than Outlook, the Intel corporate client.  :)
> geir

View raw message