openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Eddie O'Neil" <>
Subject Re: initial commit
Date Sun, 14 May 2006 21:15:15 GMT
  Maven shouldn't have any trouble with the 1.5 language features;
I've switched from Ant to Maven2 for everything possible locally.  To
configure Maven to compile with 1.5, just use the <plugin> below to do

  FWIW, I'm totally +1 on Maven support and wish we had Beehive M2
enabled; it just makes things like IDE support, JUnit integration,
code coverage, and project template support super easy to support.

On 5/14/06, Patrick Linskey <> wrote:
> > I've tried to build the openjpa-lib but have one issue:
> > ConstantPoolTable is not found. It's not in the serp library
> > that I downloaded from sourceforge this morning. Are you
> > using an unreleased version of serp perhaps?
> Yep, we probably haven't synced back out to serp recently. Thanks for the
> heads-up. Copying Abe...
> > All the other dependencies were easily put in via the
> > declaration in project.xml. See attachment for details. In my
> > mind, maven is easier than ant for basic stuff. It remains to
> > be seen whether maven can build the rest of the project, but
> > this is a good sign so far.
> Ah, but it's not the basic stuff that's where you end up getting screwed....
> we shall see.
> My next planned commit includes some JDK1.5-specific code; we'll see how
> Maven deals with that.
> -Patrick
> by email and then delete it.

View raw message