openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: initial commit
Date Sun, 14 May 2006 19:40:19 GMT
Hi Patrick,

I've tried to build the openjpa-lib but have one issue:
ConstantPoolTable is not found. It's not in the serp library that I
downloaded from sourceforge this morning. Are you using an unreleased
version of serp perhaps?

I easily enough defined a maven 1 project for this. If you all think
it's worthwhile, I'll file a jira and post a patch for you to try
out. There is just a bit of funny business because the serp jar isn't
versioned. So I renamed it serp-1.9.jar and put it into my maven
repository.

All the other dependencies were easily put in via the declaration in
project.xml. See attachment for details. In my mind, maven is easier
than ant for basic stuff. It remains to be seen whether maven can
build the rest of the project, but this is a good sign so far.

Craig

     <!-- ============ -->
     <!-- Dependencies -->
     <!-- ============ -->
     <dependencies>
         <dependency>
             <groupId>commons-collections</groupId>
             <artifactId>commons-collections</artifactId>
             <version>3.1</version>
         </dependency>
         <dependency>
             <groupId>commons-lang</groupId>
             <artifactId>commons-lang</artifactId>
             <version>2.1</version>
         </dependency>
         <dependency>
             <groupId>commons-logging</groupId>
             <version>1.1</version>
         </dependency>
         <dependency>
             <groupId>junit</groupId>
             <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
             <version>3.8.1</version>
         </dependency>
         <dependency>
             <groupId>log4j</groupId>
             <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
             <version>1.2.13</version>
         </dependency>
         <dependency>
             <groupId>serp</groupId>
             <artifactId>serp</artifactId>
             <version>1.9</version>
         </dependency>
         <dependency>
             <groupId>xml-apis</groupId>
             <artifactId>xml-apis</artifactId>
             <version>1.0.b2</version>
         </dependency>
     </dependencies>

On May 13, 2006, at 8:44 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just committed some basic code to the repository. This is just some
> baseline utility stuff, but it should be a good representative set to
> get us working on setting up build structure etc.
>
> I didn't commit any tests yet. I'll probably do that sometime on
> Sunday.
>
> As I outlined in the commit message, I didn't add any libs to the
> repository, so you'll have to get some required jars and add to
> classpath manually to get things working. Once we decide what route
> we're going for building, we can work out the library details.
> Check the
> commit log for a listing of which libs are needed.
>
> The one project you might not be familiar with is serp. You can get it
> at serp.sf.net.
>
> The code here should also be a good place to start to familiarize
> yourselves with the Kodo code style. I've got an eclipse conf file for
> it if anyone's interested.
>
> I'm about to commit-and-run; I've got a flight back to SF in an
> hour and
> a half. If my flight from Frankfurt is good enough to have internet,
> maybe I'll be back online shortly.
>
> Enjoy,
>
> -Patrick
>
> --