openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: initial commit
Date Tue, 30 May 2006 19:04:33 GMT
Hi Patrick,

I asked the maven experts at Netbeans day around JavaOne and they
said that what works today is to define a separate project for each
compiler dependency (so in our case the 1.4-only code would be in a
separate project and the 1.5-code would be in a third project). I
said that this might not work well but they would look at specific
examples and try to help.

What I lack is a specific example of the source tree as you would
want to check it in. And what you would want the packaging to look like.

Would it be ok to build three different jar files based on whether
the target was 1.3, 1.4, or 1.5? Packaging the different jar files
into one could be a post-build exercise. Or a specific build target
that combined the three jar files.

How is the source code structured today?

Craig

On May 30, 2006, at 9:12 AM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> Any further thoughts about maven and multiple language versions?
>
> -Patrick
>
> --
> Patrick Linskey
> BEA Systems, Inc.