openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: initial commit
Date Wed, 17 May 2006 00:16:45 GMT
I've been told that "if you're already using maven 1, and it works,
there's not much value in switching, but if you're starting a new
project, you might as well  use maven 2." by the maven mavens.

So I'd probably be in favor of maven 2 since we're starting from
scratch.

The question has come up whether maven can handle some files in a
project being dependent on JDK 1.4 and some on 1.5 but most being
simply 1.3. I'm going to ask the maven experts here at Java One about
ways of handling this. It would be easier if I had some real examples
of the code that hasn't been checked in yet...

Craig

On May 16, 2006, at 7:44 AM, Michael Dick wrote:

> Regarding Maven,
>
> Are we considering using Maven 1, or Maven 2?  The dependencies
> from Craig's
> email work with Maven 2, but I'm just curious whether we have a
> consensus on
> which version to use (if we go with Maven).
>
> -Mike
>
> On 5/15/06, Patrick Linskey <plinskey@bea.com> wrote:
>>
>> > So, what is the @nojavadoc concept? That these classes are so
>> > simple that javadoc would be meaningless?
>>
>> That these clasess are things that are just noise in a javadoc
>> release
>> set.
>>
>> -Patrick
>> __
>> contain
>> information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and
>> affiliated
>> entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted
>> and/or
>> legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the
>> individual
>> or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended
>> recipient,
>> and have received this message in error, please immediately return
>> this
>> by email and then delete it.
>>

>> --
> -Michael Dick