openejb-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: include/exclude classpath
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 23:22:52 GMT

On Aug 23, 2012, at 5:22 AM, eltonk wrote:

> Hello there!
>
> I was taking a look about the include/exclude classpath with the properties
> "openejb.deployments.classpath.exclude" and
> "openejb.deployments.classpath.include", but I'm not  able to solve the
> problem by myself. :(
>
> I have 2 properties files, called "hibernate.properties". One of them in
> main/resource (used by real application) and the other one in test/resource
> (to test purposes).

The trick here is that the include/exclude logic only affects the standard descriptors like
ejb-jar.xml, persistence.xml, application-client.xml, application.xml plus the TomEE/OpenEJB
created ones such as openejb-jar.xml or resources.xml.

Hibernate is the one who reads its own hibernate.properties and there's nothing we can do
to prevent it from finding it if it's in the classpath.

The only thing I might suggest is to try to put 100% of your properties in the persistence.xml.
 Then you can use the altDD support:

 - http://openejb.apache.org/examples-trunk/alternate-descriptors/

-David