openejb-users mailing list archives

From Todd Deshane <>
Subject IllegalArgumentException: Class 'java.lang.Object' is not annotated with Path
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:02:48 GMT
Hi All,

I'm testing the examples from the O'Reilly book "RESTful Java with
JAX-RS" on TomEE Plus. The examples were written for Resteasy, but I'm
following the guidelines for converting to CXF.

The error is:

SEVERE: Error deploying web application archive
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Class 'java.lang.Object' is not
annotated with Path
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.UriBuilderImpl.path(

I tried on the released version of TomEE plus 1.0 and also the 1.1
release snapshot from . Same error.

The specific example is here:

I've converted the pom.xml and web.xml as described in:

Is this related to?

Any suggestions on things to try?

View raw message