openejb-users mailing list archives

From Todd Deshane <todd.deshane.excels...@gmail.com>
Subject IllegalArgumentException: Class 'java.lang.Object' is not annotated with Path
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:02:48 GMT
Hi All,

I'm testing the examples from the O'Reilly book "RESTful Java with
JAX-RS" on TomEE Plus. The examples were written for Resteasy, but I'm
following the guidelines for converting to CXF.

The error is:

SEVERE: Error deploying web application archive
C:\tomee\webapps\workbook-ex03_1-1.0.war
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Class 'java.lang.Object' is not
annotated with Path
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.UriBuilderImpl.path(UriBuilderImpl.java:333)

I tried on the released version of TomEE plus 1.0 and also the 1.1
release snapshot from . Same error.
(https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/openejb/apache-tomee/1.1.0-SNAPSHOT/apache-tomee-1.1.0-20120819.041051-112-plus.zip)

The specific example is here:
https://github.com/resteasy/Resteasy/tree/master/jaxrs/examples/oreilly-workbook/ex03_1

I've converted the pom.xml and web.xml as described in:

http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/jersey_samples_on_cxf

Is this related to?

Any suggestions on things to try?

Thanks,