openejb-users mailing list archives

From Todd Deshane <todd.deshane.excels...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IllegalArgumentException: Class 'java.lang.Object' is not annotated with Path
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 13:28:45 GMT
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau
<rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
> location?

I do mean location, location is in the HTTP response header.

> id you mean?

The id is included in that path as well yes.

> you can probably activate cxf logs adding *faultStackTraceEnabled=true*
> *
> *
> you should be able to do so adding a file META-INF/resources.xml containing:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <resources>
>   <Service class-name="org.foo.YourresourceBean">
>     cxf.jaxrs.properties = config
>   </Service>
>
>   <Service id="config" class-name="java.util.Properties">
> faultStackTraceEnabled=true
>   </Service>
> </resources>

Cool. I added some debug code and figured out that the issue is with
the customerDB object.

Aug 21, 2012 9:14:14 AM org.apache.openejb.server.rest.RESTService deployPojo
INFO: REST Service: http://localhost:8080/workbook-ex03_1-1.0/customers/.*  -> P
ojo com.restfully.shop.services.CustomerResource
reading customer
customerDB size: 1 (in POST)
Created customer 1 (in POST)
customerDB size: 0 (in GET)
Aug 21, 2012 9:14:19 AM org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.WebApplicationExceptionMapper
toResponse
WARNING: WebApplicationException has been caught : no cause is available

I think what is happening is that the code assumes JAX-RS singleton
mode (one and only one Java object services the HTTP requests), but I
think that the JAX-RS in TomEE is probably set to per-request (a Java
object is created to process each incoming request and is thrown away
at the end of the request) [1]

Is there a way to switch the JAX-RS with a configuration setting perhaps?

Thanks,
Todd

[1] Concepts from RESTful Java with JAX-RS by Bill Burke