openejb-users mailing list archives

From jszczepankiewicz <jszczepankiew...@gmail.com>
Subject (Security) isUserInRole not working?
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2012 20:34:19 GMT
Hi,
Apache tomee 1.0.0 web profile, jdk 7.

I am facing strange problem:
Using programmatic login by HttpServletRequest.login method.

Also using: org.apache.openejb.core.security.jaas.SQLLoginModule

After login I can successfully use methods on (HttpServletRequest and on
SessionContext)
req.getUserPrincipal().getName() (from basic servlet)
context.getCallerPrincipal().getName (from Stateless EJB)
they return proper name

But if i use:
req.isUserInRole(...)
or
context.isUserInRole()
they always return false

I have tested the groupSelect query in login.conf and see no errors.

This is very basic functionality and rather not possible that this is a
tomee bug so what's wrong? Documentation for tomme is so basic. Is some
container (openejb.conf) specific configuration required to map roles to
groups? Thanks in advance.