openejb-users mailing list archives

From twelveeighty <twelve.eig...@gmail.com>
Subject Suggested change to "TomEE and Eclipse" doc page
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 14:57:41 GMT
I'm not sure what the protocol is for making doc changes so I'll post my
suggested change here just in case:

On the "TomEE and Eclipse" page, I suggest adding a Method 3 (or adding it
to Method 2) for NOT having Eclipse take control of the TomEE install folder
- "Use Workspace Metadata". I prefer doing it that way, possibly others do
as well.

In that situation, for TomEE, the key thing is to add the conf/tomee.xml and
the .properties files to the Servers/<name of your server> project in
Eclipse by importing it from the <tomee> install folder. Otherwise, you can
not add / modify any TomEE Resources and Containers.

Once you make those changes, TomEE runs fine in the "Workspace Metadata"
scenario.

Thoughts?