openejb-users mailing list archives

From membersound <memberso...@web.de>
Subject WebService cannot be Stateless? - ServletException
Date Sun, 12 Aug 2012 17:51:23 GMT
Can someone explain the following?

Setup: basic webservice in a Dynamic Web Project with tomEE+. Index.xhtml as
testsite.

@Stateless
@WebService...
public class MyWS implements MyWSInterface

@WebService
public interface MyWSInterface

If I now deploy the app, I'm getting following error:

HTTP Status 500

javax.servlet.ServletException: WebBeans context with scope type annotation
@RequestScoped does not exist within current thread
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:229)

root cause

javax.enterprise.context.ContextNotActiveException: WebBeans context with
scope type annotation @RequestScoped does not exist within current thread

org.apache.webbeans.container.BeanManagerImpl.getContext(BeanManagerImpl.java:342)

org.apache.webbeans.intercept.NormalScopedBeanInterceptorHandler.getContextualInstance(NormalScopedBeanInterceptorHandler.java:148)

org.apache.webbeans.intercept.NormalScopedBeanInterceptorHandler.invoke(NormalScopedBeanInterceptorHandler.java:119)

org.apache.webbeans.conversation.ConversationImpl_$$_javassist_0.isTransient(ConversationImpl_$$_javassist_0.java)

org.apache.webbeans.jsf.WebBeansPhaseListener.beforePhase(WebBeansPhaseListener.java:103)

org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.PhaseListenerManager.informPhaseListenersBefore(PhaseListenerManager.java:77)

org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.executePhase(LifecycleImpl.java:158)
	org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:117)
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:197)

It is solved my removing the @Stateless annotation. But I'd like to have it
there.
What am I doing wrong? Or how could I anyhow annoted my webservice
Stateless?

web.xml:
    <servlet>
    </servlet>

	<servlet-mapping>
		<url-pattern>*.xhtml</url-pattern>
	</servlet-mapping>

    <welcome-file-list>
       <welcome-file>index.xhtml</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>