openejb-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploying JAX-WS/JAX-RS services on TomEE+
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:40:19 GMT

On Jan 31, 2012, at 3:25 AM, Isuru Suriarachchi wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to TomEE+ and I'm trying to deploy a JAX-WS web service on it. I
> already have a CXF service (.war file) which is working fine on Tomcat. But
> as CXF is already embedded in TomEE+, I think there's no need to include
> CXF jars in my webapp. Is it correct?

Correct.  And worth mentioning, if you didn't want to use the web services support already
provided by TomEE+ you could use plain TomEE which doesn't have CXF bundled.

Though now that I think of it, we may still try and scan for @WebService and such, so that
might be something that can be improved in plain TomEE.

-David