openejb-users mailing list archives

From afryer <>
Subject tomee increased memory consumption
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2011 22:34:37 GMT
I have a linux virtual server with only 512M of Ram, running my app that uses
a build of tomee from around July or September this year (I can give
specifics if required).  The java process uses about 300M of Ram with this
version of tomee.  Last night I downloaded
apache-tomee-1.0.0-beta-1-webprofile.tar.gz and tried running my app inside
of it but couldn't because I ran out of memory.  It seems something has
changed that uses significantly more memory than before (> 100M more).  I
haven't investigated exactly what this could be at this stage.  I'm just
wondering if the dev guys are aware of something that might cause this to

On a related note, if I'm not using components, like JSF, is it easy to
remove that from the tomee stack?  Is it just a case of removing the jar

Sent from the OpenEJB User mailing list archive at

View raw message