openejb-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: testing for running OpenEJB server
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:56:13 GMT

On Feb 24, 2011, at 7:38 AM, joe wrote:

>> ********************************************************************************
>> public void runningVMs() throws MonitorException, URISyntaxException {
>> MonitoredHost monitoredHost = MonitoredHost.getMonitoredHost("localhost");
>>       Set<Integer>  activeVms = monitoredHost.activeVms();
>>       for (int psId : activeVms)
>>       {
>>          MonitoredVm monitoredVm = monitoredHost.getMonitoredVm(new
>> VmIdentifier(String.valueOf(psId)));
>>          String mainClass = MonitoredVmUtil.mainClass(monitoredVm, false);
>>          System.out.println(mainClass + " [" + psId + "]");
>>       }
>> }
>
> interesting, output here is:
>
> Program [5540] <--- OpenEJB
> [3056]
> [4240]
> App [4220]
> NetworkServerControl [2720]
>
> currently i stay with my java socket approach, but this is something good to know, thx

The command line tools use the EJB port as well.  I've noticed when adding our JMX support
that JConsole has some magical way of knowing the running java process on the local machine
and can connect to them.  Whatever it is I would really love to know how it works cause that
could really improve our tools!

Side note, any ease of management stuff you come up with, I think would be great additions.
  The more users that are contributors and committers, the better!  One of the advantages
of open source should be that you don't have to build infrastructure *around* something, but
you can actually build it *into* directly.

-David